Mehran Ayati (July 30)











A box containing selected work from three and half years of my study at Graduate School of Design at Harvard. This box was fabricated after my graduation in July 1992 with found materials at the university shop. Fabrication, packaging and delivery of this container to my friend had to happen in less than 4-hours in order to be shipped across the country to Phoenix, Arizona. The selection of work contained in this box was based on what I felt was important to me at the time; all other work not in this container had to be discarded. This box has traveled thousands of miles and it has been stored in many different conditions prior to it’s opening tonight here for first time after 22 years. I will display this collection spontaneously based on reconnection to my own work.

Popular Posts