Annie Wharton (July 14)





Eli Langer. Untitled Bodies Series 1-25, 2013. Drawings. Variables of 8x11in

Andi Magenheimer. Untitled 1, 2013. Oil on board. 12x16in.
Andi Magenheimer. Untitled 2, 2013. Oil on linen. 12x15in.

Skip Arnold. Closet Corner 1, 1987. Photograph of performance. 11x14in.
Skip Arnold. Closet Corner 2, 1987. Photograph of performance. 11x14in.


Margarete Hahner. Untitled, 2014. Oil on canvas. 16x20in

Margarete Hahner. Kirchenfrauen, 2014. Oil on canvas. 18x24in.

Noah Erenberg. Cock Pussy Peins, 2013. Acrylic on board. 16x18in, including frame


Emmette Rivera. Folding Rocking Chair with Hanging Shelf, 2013. 
Furniture. Chair: 22x48in, Hanger: 28x34in.

Rachelle Rojany. Face Painting, 2013 (set of 5).
Acrylic, water-soluable crayon on clay board. 20x16in.


Norah MacLeod.Tati at the Fontenoy, 2006. Digital Print. 13x9in.


Gracie Devito. LA hè, 2014. Wood/metal sculpture. 72.5x74in.

Zach Kleyn. I’ve Got A Mind of My Own, 2013. Performance. Duration: 15:00 minutes.




Annie Wharton. Magellan Hollywood, 2009. Video. Duration: 3:28 minutes


My Blood Whispers to Me curated by Annie Wharton


“The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein, 1953.

“Everybody, everybody. Everybody, everybody. You won't belong to me, I let you down. I walk around and see your night skyline. I feel the light but you don't want to stay. So lonely now, just let me off downtown.” – Black Box, 1990.

“I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me.” – Herman Hesse, 1919.

Each July, PØST in Los Angeles’ Art District invites one artist per night to create a fleeting exhibition in conjunction with their KAMIKAZE series. Invited artist and curator Annie Wharton, continuing in her research surrounding corporeality in contemporary art production, has assembled a group of artists who investigate the human form. On July 14, My Blood Whispers to Me is an exhibition that brings together artists working in a wide array of media to focus on the body and its myriad idiosyncrasies that vacillate between the sublime and the abject.

From slapstick to serene, clean to dirty, and grueling endurance to quietly having one’s day, this show looks at how artists interpret the figure. The exhibition brings together videos, sculpture, drawings, paintings, photography, artisanal furniture, and performance. “My Blood Whispers to Me” features works by Skip Arnold, Gracie DeVito, Noah Erenberg, Kate Gilmore, Margarete Hahner, Zach Kleyn, Eli Langer, Efrain Lopez (Refrain the Freezeframe). Norah MacLeod, Andi Magenheimer, Lila de Magalhaes, Shana Moulton, Emette Rivera, Rachelle Rojany, April Hava Shenkman, Dani Tull, and Annie Wharton.

Popular Posts